Former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Tito Ortiz Calls Out Mike Tyson

Former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Tito Ortiz Calls Out Mike Tyson

The former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion claims that he was contacted to be the first man to fight the legendary boxer. Check out Tito Ortiz's call out to Mike Tyson and his reasoning behind the move here.

By EliteGuy101 - May 25, 2020 09:05 AM EST
Filed Under: UFC
Source: fightful.com

Could we see former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Tito Ortiz vs. Mike Tyson soon?

Since announcing his return to boxing, Tyson has been called out by several names including former UFC Heavyweight Champion Andrei Arlovski, so Ortiz is just the latest name to issue out a challenge to the legendary boxer:

To the former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion, this is a dream fight as Ortiz stated during a recent Youtube video that he’s always wanted to squared off against the legend. Ortiz makes it clear that he has respect for Tyson and was impressed with his recent training videos:

“I was like, ‘Fight Mike Tyson? I think that sounds pretty damn good.’ I mean I like Tyson. Tyson’s my boy, I have nothing but respect for him. I want to work hard and I want to be the best person I can be. Tyson’s been working hard being the best person he can be,” said Tito Ortiz.

“He’s done a full 360, he’s changed his life completely. He’s happy now, his mind is in the right place. When I seen Tyson a year ago, he was probably about 280 [lbs]. Right now, he’s probably walking on about maybe 230. He’s [walking] on my size. I know Mike Tyson has been talking high on Conor when he competed against Floyd Mayweather. But let’s do it on a heavyweight level,” said Ortiz.

The 45-year-old states that he was first contacted to fight against Tyson:

“I got a phone call and someone started asking me, ‘What do you think about fighting Mike Tyson?’ I was like, ‘Really?’ This is an opportunity that I like. I’m in,'” Ortiz said to TMZ Sports (via MMA Junkie).

Tyson has stated previously that he’s open to fighting anyone, though the proceeds must go to charity. The 53-year-old has yet to respond to the callout; however, many have criticized Tito for the move, including Chael Sonnen, who called Ortiz a “dork” for flexing on Instagram and dismissed the UFC Hall of Famer as a legend.

Former UFC Welterweight Jared Gooden Retires From MMA
Related:

Former UFC Welterweight Jared Gooden Retires From MMA

Sean O'Malley Vs. Merab Dvalishvili II Has Been Confirmed By Dana White
Recommended For You:

Sean O'Malley Vs. Merab Dvalishvili II Has Been Confirmed By Dana White

DISCLAIMER: As a user generated site and platform, TheRingReport.com is protected under the DMCA (Digital Millenium Copyright Act) and "Safe Harbor" provisions.

This post was submitted by a user who has agreed to our Terms of Service and Community Guidelines. TheRingReport.com will disable users who knowingly commit plagiarism, piracy, trademark or copyright infringement. Please CONTACT US for expeditious removal of copyrighted/trademarked content. CLICK HERE to learn more about our copyright and trademark policies.

Note that TheRingReport.com, and/or the user who contributed this post, may earn commissions or revenue through clicks or purchases made through any third-party links contained within the content above.

Be the first to comment and get the conversation going!

View Recorder