There's no shortage of questions surrounding WWE right now, with several major storylines and potential changes taking shape behind the scenes in the wake of SummerSlam.
In our latest WWE rumor roundup, we're touching on The Rock's uncertain Hollywood future, Roman Reigns' reported internal heel/face designation, Bronson Reed's potential return, plans for the John Cena Classic, and much more.
We also have updates on Ilja Dragunov's WWE departure, a change in plans for Saturday Night’' Main Event, and when we'll move back to three-hour SmackDown episodes.
Check out the latest WWE rumors below, and stay tuned for more on all of these developing stories.
- We haven't seen much of The Rock in the wrestling world for some time now, but his Hollywood future may now be facing some uncertainty. RadarOnline reports that Dwayne Johnson is taking Moana's disappointing box office performance personally and has reportedly begun "questioning every decision, every project, and every move" as a result. Could that force him into a WWE return?
- False Finish claims that World Heavyweight Champion Roman Reigns is currently listed internally as a heel. Whether that classification is simply a placeholder or reflects WWE's creative plans remains to be seen.
- Bronson Reed's name has been generating plenty of buzz within WWE over the past several weeks. After speaking with a source in the company's promotional merchandise department, WrestleVotes Radio claims there are multiple signs pointing toward his return being on the horizon. A potential program with Oba Femi later this year has also reportedly been discussed internally for months.
- A source has told PWInsider that the John Cena Classic is still expected to take place sometime after Survivor Series. However, despite the plans being discussed, nothing has been officially locked in as of yet.
- WrestleVotes reveals that WWE originally intended to make an actual Lil Yachty concert a major selling point for September's Saturday Night's Main Event. Those plans were ultimately scrapped following negative feedback over the amount of non-wrestling entertainment featured at last month's SNME from Madison Square Garden.
- There are still plenty of longtime WWE fans hoping the company will reunite with legendary composer Jim Johnston, but that doesn't appear to be happening anytime soon. Speaking to All Axxess Entertainment, Johnston said he doesn't believe Paul "Triple H" Levesque is a big fan of his and feels Levesque viewed him as "Vince's guy." Johnston therefore believes the chances of being invited back to WWE are "close to zero."
- According to Dave Meltzer in the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE reportedly felt Ilja Dragunov was an excellent worker but ultimately wasn't moving the needle enough in terms of numbers. The former NXT Champion was earning and asking for a significant salary, though it's unclear how he was supposed to prove his worth when he wasn't being used on TV.
- Multiple outlets are reporting that SmackDown is scheduled to return to a three-hour format at the beginning of 2027. The January 8, 2027 episode is currently being targeted as the first three-hour edition.