WWE Releases William Regal And More From Triple H's NXT Era; Unhappiness About Bron Breakker's Entrance

WWE has made another series of releases, this time removing those Triple H hired to help him run NXT before the brand lost the Wednesday Night War. There's also bad feeling backstage after Wednesday's 2.0.

Despite the fact Triple H managed to transform NXT into one of the hottest brands in the entire wrestling business, there are those within WWE who have written it off as a failure since the show lost the Wednesday Night War to AEW Dynamite. There's no denying that interest waned in the Wednesday night show after it moved to the USA Network and became a two-hour broadcast, but it's produced some of WWE's best and brightest Superstars. 

We've seen a lot of NXT Superstars crash and burn on the main roster, though that can be blamed on Vince McMahon attempting to remake the likes of Tyler Breeze and Karrion Kross in his own image. Now, NXT 2.0 has become a vehicle to create the wrestlers he wants on RAW and SmackDown.

Further emphasising WWE's attempts to move on from Triple H's time in charge of NXT is the fact a number of names have been released from the brand closely tied to his tenure there. 

William Regal, Scott Armstrong, and Road Dogg have all been fired (the mind boggles that Regal would be released), as have George Carroll, Cathy Corino (Allison Danger) and on air talent Timothy Thatcher, Hideki Suzuki from the Diamond Mine stable, and Danny Burch.

Fightful is also reporting that these cuts were indeed done to remove Triple H's hires, while Bron Breakker's NXT 2.0 entrance on Tuesday (which saw him kick through the old "X" from the classic NXT logo) has not been well-received backstage with the feeling being WWE was "sending a message."

NXT is dead...long live NXT 2.0?

WWE Releases 10 NXT 2.0 Superstars And Big Cuts To The Main Roster Are Said To Be Imminent
Related:

WWE Releases 10 NXT 2.0 Superstars And Big Cuts To The Main Roster Are Said To Be Imminent

Nikkita Lyons Shares Sultry NSFW Photos Following Her Widely Talked About NXT 2.0 Debut Last Week
Recommended For You:

Nikkita Lyons Shares Sultry NSFW Photos Following Her Widely Talked About NXT 2.0 Debut Last Week

DISCLAIMER: This post was submitted by a user who has agreed to our Terms of Service and Community Guidelines. As a user-generated content platform, TheRingReport.com and Best Little Sites LLC is protected under the DMCA... [MORE]
Related
WWE Releases 10 NXT 2.0 Superstars And Big Cuts To The Main Roster Are Said To Be Imminent
WWE is more ruthless today than ever before, and 10 NXT 2.0 Superstars, including those actively involved in storylines, were released by the company ahead of what some anticipate to be more main roster cuts.
Nikkita Lyons Shares Sultry NSFW Photos Following Her Widely Talked About NXT 2.0 Debut Last Week
Everyone has been talking about Nikkita Lyons following her amazing NXT 2.0 debut last week, and the WWE Superstar has now taken to Instagram to share some unbelievable photos highlighting her amazing figure.
WWE Has Abandoned Plans To Rename WALTER After A Nazi Commander; Cody Rhodes Fires Shot On AEW DYNAMITE
After the controversy generated by WWE's decision to rename WALTER after a Nazi commander, the company has abandoned the trademark. However, that didn't stop AEW's Cody Rhodes taking a shot during Dynamite...
Austrian Wrestler WALTER Has Been Repacked In NXT 2.0 With Same Name As Nazi Germany Commander
WWE made some sweeping changes to a few NXT 2.0 Superstars during last night's broadcast, but the fact WALTER has been given a new name has generated quite a bit of controversy online. Read on for details...
Here's How Triple H Reportedly Feels After Those Huge NXT Releases This Past Week
WWE has made some sweeping changes to NXT in recent months, and last week, that resulted in a lot of Triple H's old allies being released. Now, we have some backstage news on The Game's reaction to that...